WA Cabinet Reshuffle
On the 13th of December 2022, Premier Mark McGowan announced two new Ministers will join his Cabinet team following a Special Caucus Meeting involving all Labor Members of Parliament.
- Wanneroo MLA Sabine Winton will serve as Minister for Child Protection, Prevention of Family and Domestic Violence, Community Services, and the new portfolio of Early Childhood Education.
- South West MLC Jackie Jarvis will serve as Minister for Agriculture and Food, Forestry, and Small Business
They will take the places of retiring Minister Alannah MacTiernan and outgoing Water Minister Dave Kelly, who announced last week he would be stepping down from cabinet.
New Portfolio allocations were announced today, the 14th of December:
Key Ministerial changes to note are:
- Education Minister Sue Ellery, who has announced her retirement from politics at the 2025 election, will continue to serve in the Cabinet as Minister for Finance, Commerce, and Women’s Interests
- Tony Buti will take on the Education portfolio and continue to serve as Minister for Aboriginal Affairs, and Citizenship and Multicultural Interests.
- Simone McGurk will now serve as the Minister for Training, Water, and Youth.
- Deputy Premier Roger Cook will add the Hydrogen Industry portfolio to his existing responsibilities.
- Don Punch will now serve as Minister for Regional Development and continue to serve as Minister for Disability Services, Fisheries, and Seniors and Ageing.
- Reece Whitby will add the Racing and Gaming portfolio to his existing responsibilities
- Stephen Dawson has been appointed as Minister for Innovation and the Digital Economy; Emergency Services, Medical Research, and Volunteering
Five new Parliamentary Secretaries have been appointed:
- Jodie Hanns will serve as the Parliamentary Secretary to the Premier
- Dr Jagadish (Jags) Krishnan will serve as the Parliamentary Secretary to the Hon. Sue Ellery MLC
- Meredith Hammat will serve as the Parliamentary Secretary to the Hon Dr Tony Buti MLA
- Pierre Yang will serve as the Parliamentary Secretary to the Hon Simone McGurk
- Hannah Beazley will serve as the Parliamentary Secretary to the Hon Stephen Dawson MLC
For more information, please contact Hawker Britton’s WA director Emma Ramage at [email protected] or on +61 430 811 929.
A PDF printable version of the WA Cabinet is available here.
|Hon Mark McGowan MLA||Premier; Treasurer; Public Sector Management; Federal-State Relations||Ms Jodie Hanns MLA|
|Hon Roger Cook MLA||Deputy Premier; Minister for State Development, Jobs and Trade; Hydrogen Industry; Tourism; Science||Ms Jessica Shaw MLA|
|Hon Sue Ellery MLC||Finance; Commerce; Women’s Interests||Dr Jagadish (Jags) Krishnan MLA|
|Hon Stephen Dawson MLC||Emergency Services; Innovation and the Digital Economy; Medical Research; Volunteering||Ms Hannah Beazley MLA|
|Hon David Templeman MLA||Culture and the Arts; Sport and Recreation; International Education; Heritage||Hon Samantha Rowe MLC|
|Hon John Quigley MLA||Attorney General; Electoral Affairs||Hon Matthew Swinbourn MLC|
|Hon Paul Papalia MLA||Police; Road Safety; Defence Industry; Veterans Issues||Mr Terry Healy MLA|
|Hon Bill Johnston MLA||Mines and Petroleum; Energy; Corrective Services; Industrial Relations||Hon Matthew Swinbourn MLC|
|Hon Rita Saffioti MLA||Transport; Planning; Ports||Mrs Jessica Stojkovski MLA|
|Hon Dr Tony Buti MLA||Education; Aboriginal Affairs; Citizenship and Multicultural Interests||Mr Yaz Mubarakai MLA & Ms Meredith Hammat MLA|
|Hon Simone McGurk MLA||Training; Water; Youth||Hon Pierre Yang MLC|
|Hon Amber-Jade Sanderson MLA||Health; Mental Health||Mr Simon Millman MLA|
|Hon John Carey MLA||Housing; Lands; Homelessness; Local Government||Mrs Jessica Stojkovski MLA|
|Hon Don Punch MLA||Regional Development; Disability Services; Fisheries; Seniors and Ageing||Hon Kyle McGinn MLC|
|Hon Reece Whitby MLA||Environment; Climate Action; Racing and Gaming||Hon Darren West MLC|
|Hon Sabine Winton MLA||Early Childhood Education; Child Protection; Prevention of Family and Domestic Violence; Community Services|
|Hon Jackie Jarvis MLC||Agriculture and Food; Forestry; Small Business|
|Mr David Michael MLA||Cabinet Secretary|