New Department Secretaries ￼
On Wednesday the 23rd of June, Prime Minister Anthony Albanese appointed several new departmental secretaries.
Each of these appointments will be for five years and will take effect from July 2022. Key secretarial changes are:
- Jim Betts will be appointed as Secretary of the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development, Communications and the Arts
- Jan Adams AO PSM will be appointed as Secretary of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- Natalie James will be appointed as Secretary of the Department of Employment and Workplace Relations.
- Jenny Wilkinson PSM will be appointed as Secretary of the Department of Finance
- Dr Gordon de Brouwer PSM will return to the Australian Public Service as Secretary for Public Sector Reform.
- Simon Atkinson and Kathryn Campbell AO CSC will conclude their Secretary roles with effect from 1 July 2022.
- David Fredericks PSM will be leaving his role as Secretary of the Department of Industry, Science and Resources, to lead the newly created Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water.
A complete list of Australian Government Departmental Changes is available here.
The new secretary of the Industry Department will be announced soon.
Attached below is a complete list of Secretaries and their Departments.
For more information, please contact Hawker Britton’s Managing Director Simon Banks on +61 419 648 587.