SEC Expert Advisory Panel
On 7 February 2023, the Andrews Labor Government in Victoria announced the appointment of an Expert Advisory panel to guide the revived State Electricity Commission (SEC).
The SEC’s Expert Advisory Panel will be chaired by John Bradley, Secretary of the Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action – and will also include Audrey Zibelman, Andy Penn, Anna Skarbek, Alan Finkel and Jo Benvenuti, alongside Interim SEC CEO Chris Miller.
The Expert Advisory Panel will guide the SEC’s work to make sure it delivers the maximum benefits of public energy ownership to Victorians – with lower power prices, faster investment in renewable energy, storage, and lower emissions.
The panel’s main challenge will be advising the SEC how to strike the right balance to encourage private sector investment, without crowding it out.
- John Bradley (Chair): Secretary of the Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action
- Chris Miller: interim CEO of the SEC, former Deputy Secretary (Tourism and Events), and Executive Director Department of Premier and Cabinet (Vic)
- Audrey Zibelman: former Managing Director and CEO at the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO)
- Andy Penn: former CEO of Telstra
- Anna Skarbek: CEO of Climateworks Centre and founding board director of the Clean Energy Finance Corporation and the Carbon Market Institute
- Alan Finkel: former chief scientist, neuroscientist and engineer
- Jo Benvenuti: former Executive Officer of the Consumer Utilities Advocacy Centre
Hawker Britton’s brief on the 2022 Victorian State Election results and policy commitments can be read here.
For more information, please contact your Hawker Britton Victorian Directors JP Blandthorn on +61 3 9034 3021 and Emma Webster on +61 3 9034 3020.
Further Hawker Britton Occasional Papers are available here.