The current composition of the Australian Parliament (as of 08/09/2023)
House of Representatives
|Labor||Coalition||Greens||Katter Party||Center Alliance||Independents|
- In December 2022, Andrew Gee MP (NSW) resigned from the National Party to sit on the crossbench as an independent. He will continue to serve as the Member for Calare.
- In February 2023, Alan Tudge resigned from Parliament triggering a by-election in the seat of Aston. The seat was won by the Australian Labor Party Candidate, Mary Doyle.
- In May 2023, Member for Fadden and former Minister Stuart Robert tendered his resignation from the Parliament triggering a by-election. The seat was won by the Liberal National Party Candidate Cameron Caldwell who was sworn in on the 4th of September.
|Coalition||Labor||Greens||One Nation||Jacqui Lambie Network||Independents||United Australia Party|
- Senator Jim Molan AO DSC died on 16 January 2023. Maria Kovacic was sworn in on June 13 to assume the vacant Senate seat representing New South Wales.
- Senator Lidia Thorpe announced on the 6th of February, 2023 that she has resigned from the Australian Greens and will continue to serve on the Cross Bench.
- On the 17th of June 2023, Senator David Van announced his resignation from the Federal Liberal Party. He will continue to serve on the crossbench.
- On the 8th of September, Liberal senator Marise Payne announced she will resign from the Senate effective from the 30th of September. The new NSW Liberal Senator to fill the resulting casual vacancy is expected to be confirmed in the following months.