Victorian Government COVID-19 Roadmap Update
On Sunday, 17 October 2021 Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews and Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton announced lockdown will end at 11:59pm on Thursday night, after Victoria reaches the 70% double vaccinated milestone this week.
The easing of restrictions has slightly changed from what was originally announced in the Victorian Government’s Roadmap last month with up to 10 visitors now allowed to visit homes and increased density limits at hospitality venues. People living in metropolitan Melbourne are still unable to travel to regional Victoria unless there is an essential reason to do so.
Only fully vaccinated Victorians will be able to experience freedoms, with vaccine certificates required to enter venues.
Caseload and Vaccinations
In the last 24 hours Victoria recorded 69,825 tests; detecting 1,903 new locally acquired cases. Victoria now has 22,327 active community cases.
As of Monday, 18 October 2021, 89.02% of eligible Victorians have received their first dose, while 66.5% of Victorians are fully vaccinated.
Roadmap out of lockdown in Metropolitan Melbourne
- The lockdown will end in Metropolitan Melbourne.
- The reasons to leave home and curfew will no longer be in place.
- 10 fully vaccinated peoplecan visit your home per day.
- 15 fully vaccinated people can gather outdoors.
- Community sport training resume, outdoor pools can re-open.
- Pubs, clubs and entertainment venues can open to 50 fully vaccinated people outdoors and 20 fully vaccinated people indoors.
- Hairdressing and personal care resumes for up to 5 fully vaccinated people.
Roadmap out of lockdown for Metropolitan Melbourne and Regional Victoria
Metropolitan Melbourne and Regional Victoria will come together under the same rules at 80% fully vaccinated.
80% Double Dose (16 years and older) – Anticipated date: Sunday, 31st of October 2021:
Social and Recreational:
- Up to 10 people (including dependants) are permitted in your home.
- Up to 150 fully vaccinated people can dine indoors, and up to 30 can gather outside.
- Indoor community sport will resume.
- Masks are only required inside.
- Pubs, restaurants, and cafes can open for seated service only, up to 150 people vaccinated people inside and 500 outdoors.
- Work from home if you can, but fully vaccinated workers can return to the office.
Hairdressing, Beauty and Personal Care:
- Open for fully vaccinated people.
- All retail open.
- Early childhood education and care is open.
- All students return to school with additional safety measures in-place.
- On-site adult education returns for fully vaccinated Victorians.
- Weddings, funerals, and religious ceremonies can return for 150 fully vaccinated people indoors and 500 outdoors.
80% Double Dose (12 years and older) – Anticipated date: 19 November 2021:
By 25 December 2021, 30 visitors will be able to visit your home.
For additional information, see the Victorian Government’s Roadmap out of Lockdown and other relevant information here.
Further Hawker Britton Occasional Papers on the activities of the Victorian Government are available here.
For further coverage of Labor Government Responses to the COVID-19 Pandemic see Hawker Britton Briefs here.
For further coverage of Liberal Government Responses to the COVID-19 Pandemic see Barton Deakin Briefs here.