New Zealand Travel Bubble
On 6 April 2021, the Prime Minister of New Zealand Jacinda Ardern confirmed the establishment of a quarantine-free Trans-Tasman travel bubble. From 19 April 2021 those travelling from Australia will be able to enter New Zealand without entering isolation.
The announcement follows the current reciprocal arrangement with those travelling from New Zealand to Australia.
The bubble will still be subject to compliance with any further outbreaks and travellers will are encouraged to take possible disruptions into consideration.
In order to enter New Zealand without quarantining:
- You must not have had a positive COVID-19 test in the previous 14-day period
- You must not be awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test
- You must book a ‘green zone’ flight
o This means that all passengers have remained within Australia in the last 14 days and that all cabin crew have not flown on high risk routes
- You must complete a pre-departure health declaration
- You must not present with any cold or flu like symptoms
- You must wear a mask on the flight
- You must download the NZ COVID Tracer app
Upon arrival, you may be subject to a temperate check. You will also only be able to enter the
airport through ‘green zone’ areas, to avoid contact with those arriving from other countries.