Shadow Cabinet Changes
The Leader of the Opposition, Malcolm Turnbull, today (16 Feb 2009) announced changes to the Shadow Cabinet.
- Julie Bishop has stepped down as the Shadow Treasurer and will assume the role of Shadow Minister for Foreign Affairs, in addition to her role as Deputy Leader of the Opposition.
- Joe Hockey will assume the role of Shadow Treasurer.
- Senator Helen Coonan will take on the responsibility of Shadow Minister for Finance, Competition Policy and Deregulation
- Christopher Pyne will take on the additional responsibility of the Manager of Opposition Business in the House of Representatives.
- Senator Stephen Parry will take over responsibility as Manager of Opposition Business in the Senate in addition to his role as Opposition Whip.
|Malcolm Turnbull, MP||Leader of the Opposition|
|Julie Bishop, MP||Shadow Minister for Foreign Affairs|
|Deputy Leader of the Opposition|
|Warren Truss, MP||Shadow Minister for Trade, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government|
|Leader of The Nationals|
|Nick Minchin, Senator||Shadow Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy|
|Leader of the Opposition in the Senate|
|Eric Abetz, Senator||Shadow Minister for Innovation, Industry, Science and Research|
|Deputy Leader of the Opposition in the Senate|
|Andrew Robb, MP||Shadow Minister for Infrastructure and COAG and Shadow Minister Assisting the Leader on Emissions Trading Design|
|Helen Coonan, Senator||Shadow Minister for Finance, Competition Policy and Deregulation|
|Joe Hockey, MP||Shadow Treasurer|
|Ian Macfarlane, MP||Shadow Minister for Energy and Resources|
|Tony Abbott, MP||Shadow Minister for Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs|
|Michael Ronaldson, Senator||Shadow Special Minister of State and Shadow Cabinet Secretary|
|Nigel Scullion, Senator||Shadow Minister for Human Services|
|Deputy Leader of The Nationals|
|Greg Hunt, MP||Shadow Minister for Climate Change, Environment and Water|
|Peter Dutton, MP||Shadow Minister for Health and Ageing|
|David Johnston, Senator||Shadow Minister for Defence|
|Christopher Pyne, MP||Shadow Minister for Education, Apprenticeships and Training|
|Manager of Opposition Business in the House|
|George Brandis, Senator||Shadow Attorney General|
|John Cobb, MP||Shadow Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry|
|Michael Keenan, MP||Shadow Minister for Employment and Workplace Relations|
|Sharman Stone, MP||Shadow Minister for Immigration and Citizenship|
|Steven Ciobo, MP||Shadow Minister for Small Business, Independent Contractors, Tourism and the Arts|