NSW Treasury Restructure
The senior management of the NSW Treasury has recently been restructured. The new arrangements are as follows.
John Pierce remains the Secretary of the Office of Financial Management.
There are five Treasury directorates and two internal management units which operate under the Secretary.
Budget and Financial Management Directorate
Deputy Secretary – Mark Ronsisvalle
- Managing and coordinating the State Budget process
- Advising on and implementing appropriate accounting policies and disclosures within public sector management systems
- Strategic reviews and performance assessments of public sector agencies
- Negotiating and integratiing RSPs into the Budget process
- Setting Treasury banking system objectives, financial asset portfolio objectives, and debt portfolio objectives; and monitoring performance.
Fiscal and Economic Directorate
Deputy Secretary – Kevin Cosgriff
- Advice on economic and fiscal strategies, including microeconomic reforms, regulatory policy, competition policy, industrial relations, and tax and revenue policy
- Refining and implementing the Commercial Policy Framework which applies to Government businesses
- Advising and overseeing public sector structural reform.
Environment and Economic Services Directorate
Executive Director – Ian Neale
- Advice on the efficiency and effectiveness of public sector agencies, including planning and water utilities, natural resources and environment, and energy businesses
- Developing, supporting and implementing reforms in the general government and commercial sectors
- Monitoring and advising on the performance of agencies
- Setting self-insurance arrangements and monitoring performance.
Human and Social Services Directorate
Executive Director – Philip Mussared
- Advice on the efficiency and effectiveness of public sector agencies, including justice and emergency services, education sector, and human services agencies
- Developing, supporting and implementing reforms in the general government sector
- Monitoring and advising on the performance of agencies.
Office of Infrastructure Management Directorate
Deputy Secretary – Michael Schur
- Coordinating the State’s Infrastructure Strategy
- Developing policy and supporting implementation of Privately Financed Projects
- Implementing procurement policy and asset management policy and supporting agency compliance
- Developing and implementing strategic capital reform.
Executive Coordination Unit
Executive Officer – Graeme Bullivant
- Providing executive management support and liaison with Treasurer’s Office
- Coordinating OFM communication strategies.
Corporate Management Unit
Executive Officer – Rose Williams
- Advising on OFM budget management and human resource policy and applications
- Managing services level agreement with CCSU.