Infrastructure Priority List – July 2010
Today, Infrastructure Australia released the report, Getting the fundamentals right for Australia’s infrastructure priorities.
The report contains the updated National Priority List of infrastructure projects, totalling approximately $82,845 million in capital costs.
The Minister for Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government, the Hon. Anthony Albanese MP, welcomed the updated National Priority List.
- nationally significant infrastructure priorities;
- policy and regulatory reforms desirable to improve the efficient utilisation of national infrastructure networks;
- options to address impediments to the development and provision of efficient national infrastructure;
- the needs of users; and
- possible financing mechanisms.
- Sir Rod Eddington (Chair)
- The Hon. Mark Birrell
- Mr Jim Hallion
- Mr Phil Hennessy
- Dr Ken Henry AC
- Mr Anthony Kannis
- Mr Terry Moran AO
- Professor Peter Newman
- Ms Heather Ridout
- Mr Ross Rolfe
- Dr Kerry Schott
- Mr Garry Weaven
Further information on the Council members is available at http://www.infrastructureaustralia.gov.au/files/IA_Council_Members_Short_Biographies.pdf.