Health Ministers’ Conference
The Australian Health Ministers’ Conference was held on 12 November 2010 in Adelaide, to discuss and continue to drive health reform.
As a snapshot, the following matters were addressed:
- Agreement that the MyHospital website will go live in December 2010.
- Approval of an implementation strategy for the promotion of the Australian Guidelines for the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care, produced by the NHMRC.
- Progress made under the National Hand Hygiene Initiative.
- Endorsement of the first Australian National Maternity Services Plan.
- Revised standard of English language competency for overseas trained nurses.
- Support for development of a national approach to reduce some ingredients in fast foods.
- Reaffirmation of Ministers to work collaboratively on health reform.
- Agreement on Implementation Strategy for Fourth National Mental Health Plan.
The following is the meeting communiqué, which is also available from the Australian Health Ministers’ Conference website at http://www.ahmac.gov.au/site/home.aspx.