Today the Prime Minister announced several significant appointments to the Commonwealth Public Service.
- Dr Ken Henry will be succeeded by Dr Martin Parkinson as Secretary of the Treasury, to take effect from 7 March 2011.
- Dr Jeff Harmer AO, Secretary of the Department of Families, Housing, Community Service and Indigenous Affairs will retire from the public service next year. His replacement will be Mr Finn Pratt PSM, who was Secretary of the Department of Human Services.
- Ms Kathryn Campbell CSC will be appointed Secretary of the Department of Human Services.
- Mr Blair Comley will replace Martin Parkinson as Secretary of the Department of Climate Change.
- Glenys Beauchamp PSM is confirmed as the Secretary of the Department of Regional Australia, Regional Development and Local Government since holding the roll as Acting Secretary since September 2010.
All appointments are for a period of five years. Below is an updated list of departmental secretaries.
|Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry||Dr Conall O’Connell|
|The Attorney-General’s Department||Mr Roger Wilkins AO|
|The Department of Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy||Mr Peter Harris
|The Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency||Mr Blair Comley|
|The Department of Defence||Dr Ian Watt AO|
|The Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations||Ms Lisa Paul PSM
|The Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs||Finn Pratt PSM|
|The Department of Finance and Deregulation||Mr David Tune PSM|
|The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade||Mr Dennis Richardson|
|The Department of Health and Ageing||Ms Jane Halton|
|The Department of Human Services||Ms Kathryn Campbell CSC|
|The Department of Immigration and Citizenship||Mr Andrew Metcalfe|
|The Department of Infrastructure and Transport||Mr Mike Mrdak|
|The Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research||Mr Mark Paterson AO|
|The Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet||Mr Terry Moran AO|
|Department of Regional Australia, Regional Development and Local Government||Ms Glenys Beauchamp|
|The Department of Resources, Energy and Tourism||Mr Drew Clarke PSM|
|The Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities||Dr Paul Grimes (acting for Ms Robyn Kruk AM)|
|The Department of the Treasury||Dr Martin Parkinson PSM (succeeds Dr Ken Henry on 7 March 2011)|
|The Department of Veterans’ Affairs (part of Defence)||Mr Ian Campbell PSM|